Centerpoint IT is the top provider of Lenovo computers, laptops and servers in Atlanta and across North Georgia
Buying workstations for your business aren’t the same as one for your home use—It can be a tricky proposition unless you know what you’re doing. You must ensure you get the power you need to keep pace with today’s increasing IT demands—And a product that will withstand the test of time, and help you meet the challenges of tomorrow and beyond.
Lenovo seems to not only understand these goals but to fully support them. The company recently announced an upcoming refresh of its already popular ThinkStation line that helps professionals get more done in less time.
When asked about the thought process when designing these new models, Lenovo partnered with Intel from inception in an attempt to provide the best possible computing experience for professionals, no exceptions.
Why Trust Centerpoint IT As Your Trusted Lenovo Partner?
The ThinkStation P920 and P720 Provide the Speed You Need to Compete.
Lenovo’s new ThinkStation models are clearly built with both quality and performance in mind. Both models will be available to purchase from both Lenovo and all major electronics retailers beginning in October of 2017.
Why do we think they’re so great?
- They offer upgrades that equate to 43% faster performance under most circumstances.
- Both models come with Intel’s new Xeon processors. They offer speeds of up to 3.6 GHz, along with an increased 6-channel memory for workloads with vast computational needs, faster memory speeds, and support for up to 28 cores per CPU.
- Additional features include full RAID support for NVMe drives, the latest and greatest NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics that money can buy.
- Both models also come with customization in mind, giving you a solid foundation to build whatever meets your needs. They both offer new and innovative ways to maximize storage, for example, offering support for up to 12 internal drives per unit.
- The FLEX Bays also allows you to easily mix and match only the components you need, cutting away all the fluff and getting right to the core of a machine that truly supports the way you like to work.
- You can include HDDs, an ultra-slim ODD, a 29-in-1 media card reader, firewire compatibility and more – all within a single bay.
- Thunderbolt 2 support is also included, guaranteeing lightning-fast data transfer at all times.
- The ThinkStation P720 includes support for up to 384 GB of DDR4 2666 MHz of memory, as well. The P920 increases that support to up to 2 TB of DDR4 2666 MHz of memory.
- Both new ThinkStation models are also designed to be easier to use and even easier to upgrade, allowing the machine to continue to serve you well for years to come.
- Sophisticated and intuitive red touch points are included that will guide you through quick and easy component changes. Even if you need to make adjustments to the motherboard or the removable power supply, you can do so – And don’t need advanced IT knowledge to do so.
- In terms of cooling, both models include a state-of-the-art, new tri-channel design that maximizes airflow, keeping all of your components cool, strong and (most importantly) quiet at all times.
And There’s More!
Both models come with the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system already installed, as well as a number of other software solutions like:
- CyberLink PowerDVD
- CyberLink Create
- CyberLink Power2Go
- Lenovo Companion
- ThinkStation Diagnostics
- A Full Trial of Microsoft Office 2016
And, both machines are Adobe, Autodesk, Avid, Altair, Avev and Mckesson certified.
In terms of connectivity, both machines offer 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Type A) front ports as well as one microphone and one headphone front port. As far as rear ports are concerned, you can expect the following:
- (4) USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Type A)
- (2) USB 2.0
- (1) Serial
- (1) Parallel
- (2) PS/2
- (2) Ethernet
- (1) Audio Line-In
- (1) Audio Line-Out
- (1) Microphone-In
- (1) eSATA
- (1) Firewire
The new refresh of the Lenovo ThinkStation line communicates a number of important points, all at the same time.
- For starters, it says that Lenovo continues to show an almost unparalleled level of commitment to its professional and enterprise users, especially as far as productivity is concerned.
- Secondly, it shows that we’ve officially entered into an age where anything is possible with the right hardware.
Regardless of the type of business, you’re running or even the industry that you’re operating in, Lenovo has all of your productivity and performance needs covered in more ways than one.
Just think! —If these represent the latest and greatest in this year’s models, it is truly exciting to think about what may be in store for 2018!
Connect with your Lenovo Dealer in Atlanta
Not sure what all this means? Contact us at Centerpoint IT: (404) 781-0200 email@example.com We can answer your questions, or address any of your IT concerns.